UT Health Carthage is certified as a Level IV trauma center by the state of Texas because of our ability to deliver advanced trauma life support (ATLS). This includes rapid evaluation, stabilization and diagnostic capabilities for sick and injured patients, along with the ability to stabilize and then transfer them to a higher level of trauma care, if necessary.
UT Health Carthage is prepared to treat all emergencies – major and minor. We offer:
- board-certified physicians and nurses with specialized trauma training
- two trauma treatment rooms and four emergency treatment rooms
- laboratory services onsite
- diagnostic services featuring X-ray, ultrasound, CT with iDose radiation reduction software and other imaging modalities when needed
- multiple crash carts, including a pediatric crash cart
- the ability to monitor and stabilize heart attack and stroke patients
- transfer to a higher level of care, such as the UT Health Level I Trauma Center in Tyler, if needed
If you have questions about emergency care at UT Health Carthage, please call 903-694-4848.