Your physician might prescribe infusion therapy if your condition cannot be treated effectively by oral medications. Infusion therapy involves the administration of medication, fluids or blood products through a needle or catheter.
UT Health Carthage offers outpatient infusion therapy services, including:
- antibiotics for infections and wound healing
- therapeutic magnesium administration
- medication to hydrate and/or prevent nausea
- treatment for gastrointestinal diseases
- transfusion of blood and blood products
- medication for anemia and hemoglobin stimulation
- medication for osteoporosis and bone health
- treatment for chronic and complex diseases
Our infusion therapy nurses also help you with PICC line and central line maintenance and catheter care. For more information, please call 903-694-4810.